Thursday, April 26, 2012

Two New Andersons

2012……we made it. Grateful to still be kicking. I’m writing this on the way to Christ Community Church for a night of worship and prayer this weekend. Had a wonderful holiday. The first one not going to visit family in WisconsinL But it was nice to stay home and take a stab at our own traditions this year. A little shaky, but we’re getting it off the ground.

Some big news for our family. We have started the adoption process to get two children from an orphanage called New Life Link in Haiti. Megan and I are actually leaving Tuesday January 10th for our first visit to New Life Link. We are applying for children age 2 or under.

This process started in our hearts back in September. We have gone through two miscarriages recently, and Megan began to feel the desire to bare more children lift from her heart. This is a big deal because as long as I’ve known Megan, she is the one to be jealous of any mom going to the hospital to give birth. She’s a fan of pregnancy and the birthing process.

During our time in Nashville (May 09-May10) our neighbors adopted two children from New Life Link, and we really felt that after we were done having kids this would be the route for us. Well, now that time has come.

We will posting pictures and giving updates a lot. Maybe too much. Please be in prayer with us as we are believing in faith for the process, the provision, and for a safe transition for two new Andersons.

Much love

1 comment:

  1. Watching your journey has both inspired me, and also shown me the reality of adoption....My heart breaks when you talk about having to leave them after a visit....I am praying things move swiftly, and you wont have to wait 5 to 7 more months!!!.....we also have suffered miscarriages...22 to be exact, and what I wouldnt GIVE to have the lord take that desire to bare more children from me...I have begged...we started the adoption process but after several medical bills from unforeseen medical complications related to our last couple losses, we have been able to proceed...Our hearts so long to be the light in the darkness and love the least of these...Still, I teeter on that fine line of wondering if I am just trying to fill that void from the losses, or if slowly God is lifting that desire, and showing me a new path....

    ReplyDelete