Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pure Imagination

I love the movie “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory”. Even though its rated #74 for scariest scenes in a movie, I still love it. My favorite song from the movie is “Pure Imagination”. I feel like the song is sung from God’s perspective to us.

Come with me and you'll be in a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see into your imagination

We'll begin with a spin traveling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy explanation

If you want to view paradise simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the world? There's nothing to it

There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination
Living there you'll be free if you truly wish to be

There’s this invitation to participate in the cosmic workings, or factory, that is the kingdom of heaven and “the kingdom of this world becoming the kingdom of our God.” A transformation. A blood transfusion of grace.

This whole process of adoption has opened up another world to me. I don’t even know all that it entails. I know it’s not just about John Diego or about my family. I know its about the kingdom of God and it’s changing my life. Probably just as much as music has changed my life. And Megan. It’s on that level of “this is so amazing. I don’t understand it, but I know I can never go back” amazing.

I have so many questions about everything. I know John Diego was born two months after the earthquake. What were the circumstances? Why couldn’t his family keep him? Where are they now? How long with the process take? How much will he remember? Will he adjust to us and our family? Will we adjust to him? Will we ever meet his family? What will it be like to potentially have 3 two-year olds living in our home?

But the process is pure imagination. I am changing the world and I’m being changed in the process. There’s nothing to it. Just saying yes and moving forward. Facing challenges and believing God that you can rise to meet them.

John Diego turns two at the end of March. Megan and a friend are headed down for a few days to be with him. We are going to take our boys down at the end of May once they get out of school. A few friends are coming with us as well. I can’t wait.

Living there you’ll be free if you truly wish to be.

If you'd like to buy a piece of the puzzle you can do so at the top of this blog. Every bit helps. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment