Thursday, April 26, 2012

All of Your Promises Won't Let Go of Me!!

The other night while driving home from the gym I decided to call a friend of mine. About 8 months ago I remember exchanging a text message with this friend while lying in bed.
“Are you pregnant?”
“Yes!”
“Me too!”
We had both just spent the good part of the week together. We both knew the pain of losing a baby through miscarriage, and now we were both celebrating the miracle of yet another pregnancy. I remember getting tears in my eyes and shivers up my spine when I knew we would both be delivering our babies around the same time.

Six weeks later my pregnancy ended in miscarriage. I had been down this road three other times but the sting of this death was no less.

My friend will deliver a baby boy sometime within the next couple of weeks. While talking to her the other night I kept thinking, “this could be me.” Going to those final doctors appointments, making sure my house is spot-less for when I go into labor, and waking at every ache and pain and wondering… is this it? But this isn’t me.

I realized while talking to her that God has always given me a new promise to hang on to. With death has always come the birth of something new. With every one of my miscarriages I have been pregnant again or have had a new promise given to my by the time my due date rolled around. Once again a new promise has been birthed in my heart. A pregnancy of a different sort… I may not have physical stretch marks from this pregnancy but spiritually I will be stretched in the waiting, the uncertainty that comes with adoption, trusting for the provision, and the longing to bring our babies home.

I have sung the song “Promises” more times then I can count, but the lyrics to this song have a whole new meaning. I may not be packing my bags for the hospital or smelling the head of a fresh newborn baby this month but I am holding on to the new promise God has put in my heart.

I hung up the phone last week and smiled… so thankful to be a daughter of the King… and grateful that ALL of HIS PROMISES WON’T LET GO of ME!

** If you haven’t had a chance, read about how you can help build our puzzle to get our babies home right here:

1 comment:

  1. Love your positive attitude...Hugz and many prayers your new babies come home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete